Easy Peasy Seashell Wall Art

I recently had one of those trips to Michael's where lots of stuff called out to me.

"Oooh, I'm fun!"
"I'm only a dollar! Buy three!"
"You could make something totally cute with me!"
"Oh my gosh, your hair looks GREAT today!"

Alright, the last one only happened in my mind, but the first definitely came from this polka dot adhesive fabric paper I found in the scrapbooking section. Adhesive backed fabric! Had to have it. Before I even got home, I knew what I'd do with it.

006

I know, it was a shame to dismantle such a lovely piece of anniversary art (from Goodwill), but it was for the best. So, I tore the sucker apart and spray painted the frame white.

010-1

While I was waiting for the paint to dry (It does not take long when it's 98 degrees outside.), I sorted through my bag of seashells from my beach trip Michael's and picked three winners.

I covered the carboard backing of the frame with the fabric paper (It really is stiff like paper.), popped it back into the frame and hot glued the winning shells on.

039

042

Seriously EASY. Because that's how I roll.

And she looks lovely in the powder room paired with my vintagey-beachy print I already had in there. It's a challenge to get a good picture of a small bathroom with no natural light, but trust me. It looks tres cute.

033-1

Now I'm left trying to think of something fun to do with the rest of my not fresh from the beach seashells. Wheels turning...

OOPS! I didn't forget about Teacher Appreciation Week. I made Butterfinger cupcakes in a jar for The Kiddos' teachers.
(I might have also decided I needed some appreciation, too.)


teacher appreciation cupcakes


I'll leave you with this: It made me laugh so hard, my kids had to come in to see why I was crying.




Link partying with:
http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
http://www.fingerprintsonthefridge.com/
http://www.whipperberry.com/
http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2011/05/linky-party-a-giveaway.html
http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. That is too cute!! You did such a great job! I didn't know there was such a thing as adhesive backed fabric paper! how cool!! thanks for sharing!!

    cinsarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the polka-dots with the seashells! It is like that polka-dot bikini feel. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute project and so simple too. I love it, polka-dots are awesome.
    Dannyelle @ www.lifeisaparty.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you find the shells? This would look fantastic in my half bath which has a beachy kind of theme :) LOVE the vintage Vogue too! TOo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.s. Now following your blog! Would love it for you to follow back! :) www.monkeymommascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, guys! :)
    Kara... polka dot bikini, yes! I think I was subconsciously going for that!
    The shells came from a big bag I got from Michael's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love that it matches your blog design too! I'm your newest follower! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH!!! The sea shell are looks fabulous!! And I love that dog tease video so much! I posted it on BOTH my facebook pages! :)

    ReplyDelete

AddThis