The Mossy K

You might have noticed the very earthy-looking letter 'K' in my turquoise post the other day.


Or maybe not. You might have been distracted by all the other delightful bits and bobs up there (I know, decorator self-love. But I just do love it). It's another one of those things I've unwittingly collected... Ks. But that's another post for another day.

Anyhoo, I believe I literally gasped the other day while browsing through the new Pottery Barn catalog. Not just because of all the bunnies and moss and general springtime-y goodness that I adore, but because they had mossy letters! For $79! I made mine about a year ago for about $8. I have you beaten in so many ways, Pottery Barn! Nevermind the fact that I still have moss on my hot glue gun.

 I confess, though, that the fantastic idea was not purely mine. I copied was inspired by my sweet friend Mandy. She has the most delicious blog. If you've never read it, pull up a chair and sit awhile!

And I was also audibly thrilled to see this in the catalog:


Why? Oh, because it's practically the same entryway/kids random shoe and junk storage center that (is usually not this tidy) I've had for over a year. Of course, mine is NOT from PB.


Really, Pottery Barn. Why must you copy me so?
Ok, my version obviously needs some PB style dolling up. On the To Do list. :)

1 comment:

  1. I did see those moss letters, they are very neat, but not $79 neat! Your's is great! :) I also love your bench too; I have the same, but I got mine from JC Penney and mine is usually a mess!
    Love your blog! I am your newest follower!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

AddThis