Key to a Simple Project

keys2

This little project started -like oh so many of them do- with a trip to my favorite Goodwill. Half off Saturday with my fellow thrifter-crafter-all 'round awesome chick-friend Jen. I somehow found this great frame before she did...

keysframe

I was so excited! I loved the mat with it's linen-y texture and three oval cutouts. At first I thought it was PERFECT because I have three children. And it was only a buck fiddy.

keysframe2

Then I decided I really don't need more pictures of The Kiddos on display. I really see their faces quite enough. (Summer vacation. ahem.) I knew just the thing I wanted to do. I had purchased a couple of sets of antique-looking keys from Pick Your Plum. Please tell me you're familiar. They have great stuff. Craft stuff and other pretties. Cheap! I adore.

keys4

I decided to just mount them with glue on some Amy Butler scrapbook paper...
But first, I removed the glass and I hit up that lame frame with my favorite of the moment spray paint- Rustoleum Lagoon- a really fabulous deep teal. Once it was pretty and dry, I slid the mat back in with the scrapbook paper behind it and glued on the keys.

keys3

So. Easy! And it makes me smile every time I walk by it.

xoxo


Doing the linkdy-link with:

10 comments:

  1. ooo, i love it! nice and easy and elegant. nice job. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for linking to TAke-A-Look Tuesday - - - I just featured you on my FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just gorgeous! I'm going to have to visit that website you mentioned. I have to say, I'm a little sad that you linked right after me on Tip Junkie's linky because your project makes mine look a little dinky... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So smart of you! I've never thought of using one of these to display items.

    gertie @ www.theoldblockhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cute! What a fabulous idea. I love vintage keys. Great way to display them!
    shannonsews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so cute!
    Jessica
    http://thatgivesmeanidea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this and the price too!

    I am just reminding everyone about tonights link party that runs Friday evening through Mondays!
    I also have an ongoing give away link party now too.
    Hope to see you soon.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/
    come strut your stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!
    I'm totally into keys right now.
    Tina
    www.sweetfloweret.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is gorgeous! What a great idea. The colors are just wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cute!! Love those keys, but love how you dressed them up even more!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis